1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. This giveaway contest is open to residents of the state of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Vermont, 18 years or older at the time of entry, who own a home located in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Vermont in which the system can be installed. Entrant must completely and accurately fill out the form in order to be considered.
3. A home survey will be conducted with the winner to determine system requirements. If it is determined that the home requires a larger system for effective operation, the prize value of $10,000 will be applied to the overall cost of installing the new system. The prize is not transferrable and has no cash value.
VALUE OF PRIZES
• All winners assume financial obligations for local, state and federal taxes and all applicable fees based on the value of the prize. Winners also assume financial obligations associated with any amounts not specified as part of the prize.
• In accordance with IRS regulations, Laars Heating Systems Company. will provide any winner receiving a prize(s) valued at $600 or more in a given calendar year with a copy of IRS Form 1099 (miscellaneous income).
• The grand prize is valued at $10,000.00, even if the actual value of the work done is less than that amount. Laars Heating Systems Company will not reimburse the winner for any amount less than $10,000.00. If the value of the work desired by the grand prize winner is more than $10,000.00 prize value, then the grand prize winner will have to negotiate with Laars Heating Systems Company and the local installers to determine how much the grand prize winner will need to pay the local installer.
4. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
5. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
6. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New Hampshire, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New Hampshire. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the valid or enforceable provision was not contained therein.
7. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release Laars Heating Systems Company, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
Prize winner will be obligated to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and provide his/her social security/tax identification number before receiving the prize. Photo I.D. and Social Security card must be present and will be photocopied for tax purposes only. Failure to comply with any requirement of these terms and conditions will result in the winning entrant being deemed ineligible for award.
The grand prize winner must grant Laars Heating Systems Company permission to use his/her name, likeness, and photos in marketing and promotional material for Laars Heating Systems Company.